If you always dreamt of watching the sunset on a spectacular beach with your spouse on your honeymoon, Tahiti will be your dream come true. The exotic beaches, breathtaking coral reefs, magnificent waterfalls and overwhelming volcanoes make for a perfect romantic setting. No wonder then that this French Polynesian island is sometimes called the ‘Island of Love’. What’s more, you will be spoiled for choice in terms of resorts offering state-of-art honeymoon suites and villas. Here are a few reasons you must visit Tahiti for your honeymoon:
1. The gorgeous beaches – Need we really say more? The beaches in Tahiti will be unlike any other you have ever seen. Lined by ragged mountains on one side and coral reefs on the other, these beaches are truly paradise on earth. More importantly, these beaches are largely secluded and deserted, giving you some much needed privacy. Just imagine lazing around amidst white sand turquoise water with a cocktail for company.
2. Go diving – Whether you are a seasoned scuba diver or a complete novice, you simply have to take the plunge in Tahiti. Hold hands with your spouse as you step into the deep waters of the ocean and swim alongside beautiful dolphins and coral reefs. This could be your best chance to explore the wide variety of marine life found on this island.
3. Weather – Where else will you find eight house of sunshine throughout the year? Get ready for the most natural and effective tan treatment you have ever had. The weather in Tahiti is perfect for honeymoons, it is always sunny and the temperature stays around 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Holiday packages – Since Tahiti has emerged as a hot favourite among newly married couples, the number of holiday packages being offered have increased exponentially. These packages are designed to make sure that you get the best of Tahiti holidays as every possible logistic detail is taken care of. For instance, Anzcro offers a special Tahiti holiday package which includes a trip to Bora Bora. You simply have to look around to find your perfect honeymoon package.
5. Bora Bora – The great thing about Tahiti is that it is surrounded by islands which are just as gorgeous and breathtaking. Hence, you don’t have to limit your honeymoon to one island; instead, you can plan short trips to the neighbouring islands of Bora Bora, Moorea and Taha. Once you reach these islands though a boat ride or a flight, be prepared to be stunned by their natural beauty. The sights they offer make for an ideal romantic setting to your honeymoon. For more information on the islands, visit the official tourism web site of Tahiti here.
6. Get married all over again – Even as you might have had a beautiful wedding ceremony back home with your family and friends, you can have your very own personal wedding in Tahiti. A marriage in Tahiti is legally non-binding yet it makes for an unforgettable experience. The ceremony itself is super romantic with exotic music, tropical decorations, all in the backdrop of the magnificent Tahitian sunset. Sounds divine, doesn’t it!